This morning at work I caught the scent of someone’s hot chocolate and it really made me crave chocolate. I don’t even like hot chocolate all that much. I haven’t had anything chocolately in quite a while, so that got me thinking about what kind of treat I could whip up later in the day. Unfortunately, I had pretty much zero motivation to turn on my oven and bake by the time I got home. Sad. Ever have one those days?
Well this is a recipe for one of those days!
No need to dirty up a bunch of bowls and measuring utensils, make a mess with ingredients in your kitchen (I’m not the only messy baker, right?…), and wait for 30-40 minutes while your oven wafts excruciatingly delicious aromas towards you. Ain’t nobody got time for that. THIS recipe only requires 5 simple ingredients and is fully “baked” in under 3 minutes! Super simple.
So now you can be lazy and still get your (homemade) chocolate fix for the day! Hurray!
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- pinch of salt (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- In a mug or ramekin, whisk together the flour, brown sugar and cocoa powder (and optional salt) until no lumps remain.
- Add the butter and milk. Whisk together until well-combined and smooth. Wipe off any excess batter around the rim.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute. Continue microwaving for 10 seconds at a time until there is no fluid left on the surface and the brownie begins to look dry and cake-y; total microwave time should be 2 1/2 - 3 minutes. The center will cook the quickest, so be sure to check the edges for doneness.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Add chocolate chips (right after removing from the microwave), chocolate syrup, or a scoop of (vegan) ice cream for a more decadent experience.